Lower Carb Fried Rice
Last updated: May 2022
Fried rice is a great way to load up on vegetables, protein, and even complex carbohydrates. For this recipe, use half brown rice and half cauliflower rice and it will fill you up without the carb guilt! The bioavailable protein from the eggs will satisfy even the hungriest of crowds!
Makes 5 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
Ingredients for lower carb fried rice
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup cauliflower rice, cooked
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
Directions for lower carb fried rice
- Cook brown rice and cauliflower rice per package directions and set aside.
- Place all chopped vegetables and oil into skillet and cook until soft and fragrant.
- Push vegetables to one side of the pan and crack the eggs into the other, scramble until fully cooked.
- Add cauliflower and brown rice to the pan and mix all well.
- Add spices and soy sauce and stir.
- Serve immediately.
- calories: 185
- carbohydrate: 19.3g
- fat: 7.4g
- fiber: 4.3g
- potassium: 453mg
- protein: 11.5g
- sodium: 562mg
- sugar: 4.4g
Photograph by Katie Gutwald. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation