Low Carb Hot Cocoa
After shoveling the snow with my son this afternoon, I was inspired to create a warm beverage that would be lower in carbs than my traditional hot chocolate recipe. This recipe is my spin on adult hot chocolate (without the guilt).
Interested in more lower carb alternatives? Check out this article!
Serving size: 6 oz
- 8 oz. vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 4 oz. brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp Truvia Baking Blend
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium size saucepan, over medium heat, whisk together 2 oz. of almond milk, cocoa powder, Truvia, salt, and cinnamon
- Gradually add in the remainder of almond milk
- Add in vanilla extract
- Whisk together all ingredients for 3-5 minutes
- calories: 34
- carbohydrates: 6g
- fat: 2g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 2g
- sugar: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?