Roasted Lemon Pepper Brussels Sprouts
Sometimes all you need to change up a normal meal is a new side dish. This Brussels sprouts recipe is so easy and delicious, sometimes I repeat it throughout the week.
Brussels sprouts are packed with fiber. Fiber is a friend to all, especially those living with diabetes as it can help slow the release of glucose into the bloodstream and also aids in satiety.
Makes 2 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for roasted lemon pepper Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
Directions for roasted lemon pepper Brussels sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and cover with olive oil and spices.
- Use a clean hand to be sure all of the sprouts are evenly covered in oil and spices.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the sprouts and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm. Vegetables should be tender but not soft.
- calories: 76
- carbohydrate: 11g
- fat: 3g
- fiber: 4.1g
- potassium: 495mg
- protein: 4g
- sodium: 513mg
- sugar: 2.7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you know someone living with kidney cancer?