Roasted Lemon Pepper Brussels Sprouts
Last updated: December 2021
Sometimes all you need to change up a normal meal is a new side dish. This Brussels sprouts recipe is so easy and delicious, sometimes I repeat it throughout the week.
Brussels sprouts are packed with fiber. Fiber is a friend to all, especially those living with diabetes as it can help slow the release of glucose into the bloodstream and also aids in satiety.
Makes 2 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for roasted lemon pepper Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
Directions for roasted lemon pepper Brussels sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and cover with olive oil and spices.
- Use a clean hand to be sure all of the sprouts are evenly covered in oil and spices.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the sprouts and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm. Vegetables should be tender but not soft.
- calories: 76
- carbohydrate: 11g
- fat: 3g
- fiber: 4.1g
- potassium: 495mg
- protein: 4g
- sodium: 513mg
- sugar: 2.7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation