Keto and Vegan Mini Cheesecakes
Last updated: November 2021
These melt-in-your-mouth mini cheesecakes only require six ingredients, and this recipe is suitable for those who follow a low-carb, vegan, or keto diet. This recipe can be easily doubled to make more servings, and leftovers can be stored in the freezer. There is no crust in the recipe, which eliminates the need for any baking!
Please note that the recipe calls for coconut cream. Do not substitute this for regular coconut milk, as it is much more watery than coconut cream. Coconut cream is typically found in the baking aisle or Asian section of most grocery stores, and it comes in a can. The leftover coconut cream can be used in smoothies, coffee, baked goods, and curry.
Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 mini cheesecake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes (freeze for 1-2 hours)
Ingredients for keto and vegan mini cheesecakes
- 8-10 drops liquid stevia
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp unsweetened nut butter of choice
- ⅔ cup coconut cream
- Optional: ⅓ of fresh or frozen blueberries for topping
Directions for keto and vegan mini cheesecakes
- Make sure coconut oil is at room temperature. However, do not heat and liquefy it. If coconut oil is hard, leave it on the counter for 1 hour to soften.
- Add coconut oil to a bowl. Mix in lemon juice, vanilla, stevia, and nut butter until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add in coconut cream, mix well.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Cupcake liners are not necessary, but it does make it easier to pop the cheesecakes out once done.
- This recipe makes 4 mini cheesecakes, so fill 4 cups with the cheesecake mixture. Smooth the mixture with the back of a spoon, and top with blueberries if using.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 1-2 hours. When ready to eat, use a knife to pop out mini cheesecakes (if they are not in the cupcake liners). It is important to do this step as soon as you pull the muffin tin out because the cheesecakes will start to crumble once defrosted.
- Defrost for 3-5 minutes before eating.
- calories: 138
- carbohydrate: 4.6g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 13.3g
- fiber: 0.4g
- potassium: 26mg
- protein: 1g
- saturated fat: 10.4g
- sodium: 17mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation