Keto Paleo Coconut Shrimp
Last updated: November 2021
These baked shrimp have a crunchy outside and are great for appetizers or as an afternoon snack! This recipe can fit into keto and paleo diets.
Makes 2 servings
Serving Size: 5 shrimp
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Ingredients for keto paleo coconut shrimp
- 10 pieces of shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1.5 tbsp coconut flour
- 1.5 tbsp coconut flakes
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ egg
Directions for keto paleo coconut shrimp
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Crack and whisk an egg and set aside in a second bowl.
- Add coconut flakes in a third bowl.
- Dip the shrimp in the coconut flour mix, then the egg mix and finally the coconut flakes.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and coat with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- After each shrimp has been dipped in each of the three bowls, place on the baking sheet.
- Bake each side for 5 minutes then set to broil for 2 minutes.
- calories: 152
- carbohydrate: 5g
- cholesterol: 199mg
- fat: 6g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 81mg
- protein: 17g
- saturated fat: 3g
- sodium: 345mg
- sugar: 1g
Photograph by Christina Saschin. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation