Keto Avocado Toast
Avocado toast is one of those popular dishes you order, and pay more than you would like to anyway. Might as well recreate the dish substituting bread with something with fewer carbs, cheese!
Makes 1 serving
Prep time: 0 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for keto avocado toast
- 1/2 cup shredded milk cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp guacamole
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
Directions for keto avocado toast
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a plate, then add cheese in a small pile in the middle and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Once the cheese is melted, let it cool. To speed up the process, place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Fry an egg in a small pan in coconut oil.
- Add guacamole to the melted cheese (which has solidified) and spread it around.
- Top with the egg, then add salt, pepper, and sesame seeds.
- calories: 103
- carbohydrate: 2g
- cholesterol: 253mg
- fat: 30g
- fiber: 0g
- potassium: 143mg
- protein: 22g
- saturated fat: 15g
- sodium: 511mg
- sugar: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How well does your doctor explain diabetes care terms to you?