Instant Pot Turkey Meatball Vegetable Soup
High in lean protein and full of veggies, this soup will warm you up and keep you feeling full. This recipe can be made in the Instant Pot or slow cooker.
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 8oz baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- In a bowl, mix ground turkey, beaten egg, Italian Seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon salt and form into small meatballs using a tablespoon or small scoop. Set aside.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute function. Once hot, add oil, onion and celery and saute for about 3 minutes. Add in mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini and garlic and saute another 3-5 minutes until fragrant and soft.
- Add water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to instant pot. Gently add in meatballs.
- Set pressure valve to sealing and High Pressure for 6 minutes. Allow Natural Release for 10 minutes then manually release. Carefully remove lid once all pressure released and float valve drops down, indicating that it's safe to open.
- Serve hot in bowls and top with a small handful of spinach and stir in. Season to taste.
Total closed pot time approx. 32 minutes.
*Slow Cooker instructions: Saute veggies (except spinach) on stove top, over medium-high heat. Bake meatballs on baking sheet in 350'F oven for 8 minutes. Add sauteed vegetables, partially baked meatballs and water to slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. Stir in spinach at the end before serving.
- calories: 272
- carbohydrates: 5.7g
- fat: 14g
- fiber: 1.2g
- potassium: 732mg
- protein: 31g
- saturated fat: 3.5g
- sodium: 436mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you practice self-care?