A simple way to make your own mayo, all you need is a blender and three ingredients!
Tip: Avoid using a full-flavored olive oil or extra virgin olive oil as the taste is too strong. Instead look for a light flavored olive oil.
Interested in learning more about which condiments are better to enjoy when managing type 2 diabetes? Check out this article!
Serving size 2 tbsp
Ingredients for homemade mayonnaise
- 1 cup light flavored olive oil
- 3 tbsp aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Directions for homeade mayonnaise
- Add the aquafaba, lemon juice and ¼ cup light flavored olive oil to a blender.
- Blend on low until smooth, then with the blender still running, gradually and slowly drizzle in the remaining light flavored olive oil until the mayonnaise is thick and creamy.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week
- calories: 203
- carbohydrates: 0.11g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 23g
- fiber: 0.16g
- potassium: 7.5mg
- protein: 0.04g
- saturated fat: 3.52g
- sodium: 0.13mg
- sugar: 0.11g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you like to eat grilled cheese sandwiches?