Homemade Chicken Salad
Last updated: January 2023
This recipe reminds me of my childhood. It's a great way to get some protein with an amazing crunch! My favorite way to serve it is on a bed of greens but you can also have it in a wrap, on toast, or even on its own.
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: ~ ½ cup each
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for homemade chicken salad
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 container of vegetable broth
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
- ½ cup purple grapes, sliced into quarters
- 2 celery stalks, diced
Directions for homemade chicken salad
- Place vegetable broth in large pot and heat on high.
- Add chicken and boil until cooked through, approximately 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop celery and grapes.
- When chicken is cooked, remove it and discard the rest of the broth.
- Shred and chop chicken to desired consistency.
- In a large bowl, put all ingredients together and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes prior to serving. Keep leftovers refrigerated.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 230.5
- carbohydrate: 7g
- fat: 4g
- fiber: 0.4g
- potassium: 93mg
- protein: 39.7g
- sodium: 318mg
- sugar: 5.6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
When it comes to type 2 diabetes, I'm most worried about:
Join the conversation