Heart-Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies
Last updated: July 2022
This cookie recipe is my take on turning traditional chocolate chip cookies into heart-friendly cookies. This recipe uses rolled oats in place of white four and almond butter in place of traditional butter. Each cookie has less than 10 carbohydrates per serving. Enjoy this cookie with your favorite cup of tea or a glass of low-fat milk!
Makes 20 servings
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for heart-friendly chocolate chip cookies
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Truvia Baking Blend
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
Directions for heart-friendly chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to combine all ingredients into a dough.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion cookie dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes, until the bottoms are golden.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 123
- carbohydrate: 10g
- fat: 9g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 121mg
- protein: 4g
- sodium: 95mg
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
When it comes to type 2 diabetes, I'm most worried about:
Join the conversation