Grilled Bell Pepper Quesadilla
Ingredients for grilled bell pepper quesadilla
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (Mission brand was used in this recipe)
Directions or grilled bell pepper quesadilla
- Cut bell pepper into strips and sautee in a pan over medium heat until slightly softened.
- Sprinkle cheese on one half of tortilla, add bell peppers and close.
- If using a stovetop, place on the pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes and then flip so that both sides are equally browned and cheese is melty. If using a Panini maker, place one side on the heated machine, close and cook until outside is browned and cheese is melted, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- calories: 238
- carbohydrate: 27g
- fat: 10g
- fiber: 12g
- potassium: 338mg
- protein: 11g
- sodium: 555mg
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?