'Good Ole' Meatloaf
Last updated: April 2018
What's more hearty and comforting than meatloaf? This dish is delicious and easy to prepare!
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef, uncooked
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped, chunky
- 4 large stalks celery, chopped, chunky
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, reserving ¼ can of the tomato sauce for the top of the loaf.
- Line the loaf pan with foil.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Spread the remaining tomato sauce on top.
- Cook in oven for about 1.5-2 hrs.
- Let stand for 5 min.
- Drain any fat by inverting a plate over the loaf pan.
- Peel back the foil from the meatloaf and discard.
- Serve with baked potato and salad.
- calories: 344
- carbohydrates: 6.4g
- cholesterol: 157mg
- fat: 18.5g
- fiber: 1.1g
- protein: 35.8g
- saturated fat: 7.1g
- sodium: 451mg
- sugars: 2.2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
When it comes to type 2 diabetes, I'm most worried about:
Join the conversation