Roasted Garlic and Chive Mushrooms
In my experience as a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist, adding mushrooms to a meal tends to be largely overlooked. Yet, mushrooms are a fantastic option for several reasons.
You don't have to worry about adding them to your carb count (if you count carbs). They're also heart-healthy because they're low in sodium and fat. This recipe can be used as a side dish or top a protein like fish, chicken, or beef.
Makes 6 servings
Serving Size: ⅓ cup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for roasted garlic and chive mushrooms
- 8oz Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 8oz Portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
Directions for roasted garlic and chive mushrooms
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray small cooking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in microwave. Add garlic to melted butter. Toss melted butter on mushrooms to coat. Spread mushrooms on cooking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Stir and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and chives.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 44.5
- carbohydrate: 6.3g
- cholesterol: 5.2mg
- fat: 2.1g
- fiber: 1.2g
- potassium: 225.5mg
- protein: 1.5g
- sodium: 197.8mg
- sugar: 1.9g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?