Garlic Broccoli Rice
We eat a lot of fresh broccoli at my house and I have always wanted a recipe for the leftover stems. I know what you’re thinking. Of course, the dietitian would like this dish. But hear me out! This is DELICIOUS! Simple, healthy and full of flavor. Try it as a side to your grilled chicken for dinner, or even as a rice replacement. It does not disappoint.
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for garlic broccoli rice
- 2 cups shredded broccoli stems (approximately 2 stems, I used a cheese grater)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp olive oil
Directions for garlic broccoli rice
- Grate broccoli to rice consistency.
- Place on a paper towel and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Add olive oil to skillet and heat on medium high.
- Add broccoli, stirring frequently. Cook for approximately 7 minutes or until broccoli becomes soft and tinged brown.
- Add garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- calories: 82
- carbohydrate: 14g
- fat: 1g
- fiber: 0g
- potassium: 766mg
- protein: 6g
- sodium: 64mg
- sugar: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?