Last updated: April 2018
Who said that garlic french fries were the only way to showcase garlic in a tasty side dish?
- 1 bunch of asparagus (16 spears)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs. olive oil
Makes 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Using a knife, press open garlic clove and mince.
- On a cutting board, dice onion.
- Mix together minced garlic and olive oil.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil, then add asparagus.
- Top asparagus with the olive oil and garlic mixture, add diced onion and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place baking sheet into oven and bake for 15-20 min.
- calories: 81
- carbohydrates: 5g
- fat: 7g
- protein: 2g
- sodium: 1
- sugars: 2g
Photograph by Christina Saschin. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation