Frozen Berry Treat
This a tasty treat that will fill your sweet tooth without leaving you feeling guilty. Frozen berries are the featured ingredient in this dish. Berries receive bonus points for being a great source of dietary fiber.
Makes 3 servings
Serving size: 1 berry treat
Prep time: 5 minutes
Freezer Time: 60 minutes
Ingredients for frozen berry treat
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tbsp PB2 Powdered Peanut butter
- 1 ½ tbsp water
- 1 tbsp pistachios, crushed
- 3 tsp whipped cream
Directions for frozen berry treat
- Thaw frozen berries in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds.
- In a separate small bowl melt dark chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Prepare PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter by mixing with 1 ½ tbsp. water until well combined.
- Combine berries, dark chocolate, PB2 Peanut Butter, and crushed pistachios in a medium-size bowl until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the mixture into a muffin tin.
- Place muffin tin in the freezer for approximately 60 minutes.
- Take the muffin tin out of the freezer and top each berry treat with 1 tsp with whipped cream topping.
- calories: 99
- carbohydrate: 13g
- fat: 5g
- fiber: 4g
- potassium: 50mg
- protein: 4g
- sodium: 46mg
- sugar: 7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you practice self-care?