Fried Zucchini Bites
Looking for something crunchy? Try these fried zucchini bites.
Interested in more recipes featuring zucchini? Check out this recipe for 15 min Zucchini Pasta
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced
- 1/2 an egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbs. light mayo
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbs. olive oil
Makes 3 servings
- On a cutting board, slice zucchini into half inch slices.
- Crack an egg and place onto a plate, then scramble it using a fork to make the egg wash (you will only use half of the egg).
- On a separate small plate, pour bread crumbs in order to dip your zucchini later on.
- Dip sliced zucchini into egg wash, then dip into the bread crumbs.
- Heat a medium sized pan with olive oil, then fry up the zucchini pieces, cooking each side for 3 minutes before flipping over.
- calories: 75
- carbohydrates: 10g
- cholesterol: 34mg
- dietary fiber: 2g
- fat: 3g
- potassium: 334mg
- protein: 2g
- sodium: 85mg
- sugars: 4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have a family history of diabetes?