Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls
Just as the name suggests, homemade fresh shrimp spring rolls are so fresh! This recipe provides loads of protein to keep you full. You can make these ahead of time and take them to work for lunch or pre-make them for dinner.
Makes 4 rolls
Serving Size: 2 rolls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for fresh shrimp spring rolls
- 16 pieces cooked shrimp
- 1 cup rice stick noodles
- 6 mini carrots, cut into strips
- 8 small butter lettuce leaves
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 12 fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 pieces rice paper
- ½ tsp coconut oil
Directions for fresh shrimp spring rolls
- In a medium-sized frying pan, cook peeled and cleaned shrimp in coconut oil until fully cooked and pink, then chill in the refrigerator.
- As the shrimp is cooking, boil water and cook the rice stick noodles per package instructions, then let cool.
- On a cutting board, cut the carrots into thin strips.
- Dip rice paper in warm water, then add ¼ of the noodles, 4 pieces of shrimp, ¼ of the chopped carrots, 3 mint leaves, lettuce leaves, and 3 cilantro leaves to each roll.
- Tuck the corners in and carefully roll the fresh roll.
- calories: 182
- carbohydrate: 17g
- cholesterol: 128mg
- fat: 1g
- fiber: 1g
- potassium: 140mg
- protein: 16g
- sodium: 271mg
- sugar: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?