This is a delicious low-carb dish that will work as a cheesy appetizer or even lunch!
- 1/4 eggplant
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan and Romero shredded cheese
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 4 basil leaves
Makes 2 servings
- On a cutting board, slice eggplant into 6 thin medallions.
- Dip each of the eggplant medallions into an uncooked egg, then coat both sides with bread crumbs.
- In a large frying pan, fry breaded eggplant in olive oil for 2 minutes, flipping it over so both sides are cooked.
- While the second side of the eggplant is cooking, top eggplant with cheese on one side and let it melt.
- Top with 2 basil leaves and serve.