Last updated: March 2022
These egg-mushroom muffins are low carb and make a great breakfast meal. To make this meal more complete add 1 slice of whole-wheat toast and 1 cup of fresh berries.
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: 1 muffin
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for egg-mushroom muffins
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup diced mushrooms
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp olive oil
Directions for egg-mushroom muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, mushrooms, and salt. Mix all ingredients together.
- Use cookie scoop to portion mixture evenly into each muffin well.
- Top each egg-mushroom muffin with parmesan cheese and olive oil.
- Bake egg-mushroom muffins at 350 degrees for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- calories: 69
- carbohydrate: 2g
- fat: 4g
- fiber: 0g
- potassium: 68mg
- protein: 7g
- sodium: 218mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
When it comes to type 2 diabetes, I'm most worried about:
Join the conversation