Egg and Cheese Burritos
Need a quick, healthy and satisfying meal? This is a great option for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Add some non-starchy vegetables to your plate to bulk up your fiber intake for the day. My family loves this meal, and I love how healthy it is and relatively inexpensive, too!
Interested in incorporating more fiber in to your diet? Check out 15 Creative Ways to Add More Fiber to Your Diet
Makes one serving
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- 1 whole grain tortilla or wrap
- Crack eggs into pan and scramble until fluffy and cooked through.
- Add cheese and heat until melted.
- Place into wrap and fold together.
- To decrease carbohydrate intake, opt for a low carbohydrate wrap choice. Enjoy!
- calories: 400
- carbohydrates: 24g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 21g
- sugar: 3.2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?