Mami's Dominican Salad
Last updated: April 2023
My in-laws are from the Dominican Republic, a beautiful country with delicious food! One of my favorite dishes to make at home is a salad my mother-in-law often makes. We call it Mami's Dominican salad! This salad is full of fresh ingredients like avocado and homemade dressing.
It's simple and easy and compliments any dish you set on the table. Plus, you can reach your goal of filling half of your dinner plate with non-starchy vegetables. Add your favorite plant-based protein for an added protein boost.
Makes 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for Mami's Dominican salad
- 2 bunches of romaine hearts, rinsed and pulled apart
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, julienned
- ½ cup white onions, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
Directions for Mami's Dominican salad
- Layer the lettuce on a large plate.
- Layer on the tomato, pepper, and avocados.
- In a separate bowl, combine salt, onions, oil, and vinegar and whisk together.
- Drizzle dressing over top of the salad before serving.
- Alternatively, serve your salad and drizzle dressing over top of each individual portion.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 220
- carbohydrate: 9g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 20g
- fiber: 4g
- potassium: 131mg
- protein: 3g
- sodium: 400mg
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How often do you find yourself craving sweet snacks?