Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Last updated: March 2022
Show your tastebuds some love with these dark chocolate-covered strawberries! This decadent dessert is more than just a holiday classic. Dark chocolate contains flavonols and polyphenols which are powerful antioxidants.
The higher the percentage of chocolate, the better the benefit. So, satisfy your inner chocoholic and opt for dark chocolate over milk chocolate. Or try melting a cacao bar instead. Its natural bitterness gets balanced by the sweet strawberries.
Makes 5 servings
Serving Size: 3 strawberries
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for dark chocolate covered strawberries
- 16 oz fresh strawberries
- ⅔ cup sugar-free dark chocolate baking chips or cacao chips
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Directions for dark chocolate covered strawberries
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave for 30-second increments. Stir. Heat for additional 30 seconds if not adequately melted.
- Add olive oil to melted chocolate. Mix until fully combined.
- Lightly dip each strawberry in chocolate. Then, delicately dip into shredded coconut. Place on wax paper. Repeat for remaining strawberries.
- Chill in the fridge for approximately 30-45 minutes
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 144
- carbohydrates: 20g
- fat: 12g
- fiber: 6g
- potassium: 165mg
- protein: 2.5g
- saturated fat: 8g
- sodium: 3mg
- sugar: 12.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation