Dark Chocolate Orange Mousse
Last updated: March 2022
Since we are in the winter season, you may be feeling nervous about the inevitable temptations that appear in full force! This rich treat is sure to satisfy any chocolate lover’s dessert craving. Three ingredients and five minutes is all you need to recreate and enjoy this decadent treat.
Makes 1 serving
Ingredients for dark chocolate orange mousse
- ½ cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 square 100% cacao unsweetened baker’s chocolate (I used Giaredelli for this recipe)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
Directions for dark chocolate orange mousse
- Heat chocolate in the microwave until melted, approximately 40 seconds.
- Spoon 1/3 of melted chocolate into ricotta and stir until well blended.
- Add orange juice and mix well.
- Pour the rest of the melted chocolate on top.
- Wait 2-3 minutes until the chocolate has hardened again.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate until serving.
- calories: 257
- carbohydrate: 15.6g
- fat: 20.1g
- fiber: 2.1g
- potassium: 310mg
- protein: 14.1g
- sodium: 150mg
- sugar: 5.3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation