One Sheet Curried Veggies and Chickpeas
This recipe is quick and uses minimal dishes, and it is a great way to satisfy your curry cravings when you don't have time to make a full curry soup. If you prefer other vegetables or have others on hand, feel free to substitute!
Makes 3 servings
Ingredients for one sheet curried veggies and chickpeas
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 carrot
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2.5 tsp curry paste
Directions for one sheet curried veggies and chickpeas
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open up the can of chickpeas. Drain and rinse the beans. Pour onto the parchment paper.
- Chop the carrot into coin shapes, add to baking sheet.
- Trim ends off of green beans, cut into thirds.
- If using frozen broccoli, it should already be separated into smaller florets. If using fresh broccoli, cut up into smaller florets.
- Mix sesame oil and curry paste in a small bowl. Add about a tablespoon of water, mix well.
- Pour curry mixture on top of vegetables. Mix vegetables so all are evenly coated with curry mixture.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes. Take out, stir veggies, and roast for another 5-7 minutes depending on how roasted you want them.
- Once done, the curried vegetables and chickpeas can be eaten as is, over rice, or over low-carb noodles.
- calories: 222
- carbohydrate: 31.4g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 8.3g
- fiber: 7.3g
- potassium: 458mg
- protein: 7.3g
- saturated fat: 0.8g
- sodium: 330mg
- sugar: 2.3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Will you help others by taking our Type 2 Diabetes In America survey?