One Sheet Curried Veggies and Chickpeas
Last updated: March 2022
This recipe is quick and uses minimal dishes, and it is a great way to satisfy your curry cravings when you don't have time to make a full curry soup. If you prefer other vegetables or have others on hand, feel free to substitute!
Makes 3 servings
Ingredients for one sheet curried veggies and chickpeas
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 carrot
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2.5 tsp curry paste
Directions for one sheet curried veggies and chickpeas
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open up the can of chickpeas. Drain and rinse the beans. Pour onto the parchment paper.
- Chop the carrot into coin shapes, add to baking sheet.
- Trim ends off of green beans, cut into thirds.
- If using frozen broccoli, it should already be separated into smaller florets. If using fresh broccoli, cut up into smaller florets.
- Mix sesame oil and curry paste in a small bowl. Add about a tablespoon of water, mix well.
- Pour curry mixture on top of vegetables. Mix vegetables so all are evenly coated with curry mixture.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes. Take out, stir veggies, and roast for another 5-7 minutes depending on how roasted you want them.
- Once done, the curried vegetables and chickpeas can be eaten as is, over rice, or over low-carb noodles.
- calories: 222
- carbohydrate: 31.4g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 8.3g
- fiber: 7.3g
- potassium: 458mg
- protein: 7.3g
- saturated fat: 0.8g
- sodium: 330mg
- sugar: 2.3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation