Crockpot Pineapple Chicken
Last updated: March 2022
Whether you work full time or your days are busy with house chores, the crockpot is a great way to have a warm meal ready for dinner! This recipe is one of my family’s very favorites. Serve it over brown rice, quinoa, or even ramen noodles if desired.
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3-4 hours
Ingredients for crockpot pineapple chicken
- 1 can diced pineapple, drained
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp allspice
Directions for crockpot pineapple chicken
- Place all ingredients in a crockpot on low heat.
- Keep covered until chicken is white and cooked through, approximately 3 hours.
- Remove chicken and chop into 1-inch cubes.
- Place back in crockpot for 10 minutes for the chicken to soak up juices.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Cooking times may vary based on your crockpot.
- calories: 246
- carbohydrate: 17g
- fat: 4.8g
- fiber: 2.3g
- potassium: 408mg
- protein: 37g
- sodium: 836mg
- sugar: 10.6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation