Crispy Brussels Sprouts
Whether you’re trying to find a side dish for a meal at home or looking to take something new to the next family barbecue, this recipe is it. Brussels sprouts are packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, all things that are essential to a healthy eating pattern. Roasting them adds a crispiness to the leaves and allows the flavors to soak in. For minced seasonings like garlic or ginger, I save time by using the prepackaged minced items at the store.
Makes 4 servings
Serving Size: ½ cup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for crispy Brussels sprouts
- ½ lb fresh Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
Directions for crispy Brussels sprouts
- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil on a large cookie sheet.
- Mix 1 tbsp olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, pepper, and sesame seed oil. Toss in Brussels sprouts.
- Place Brussels sprouts on a sheet or baking dish. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Stir halfway through cooking.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
- calories: 143.2
- carbohydrate: 21.8g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 5.2g
- fiber: 2.2g
- potassium: 238mg
- protein: 3.6g
- sodium: 840.2mg
- sugar: 17.2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?