Corn Avocado Salad
A chilled avocado-filled salad perfect for a potluck.
Check out this article to learn more about the nutritional and health benefits of avocados!
- 1 large corn on the cob
- 5 oz. avocado, diced
- 1.5 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, steam corn for 10-15 minutes. Next cut off the kernels using a large knife.
- Dice avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion on a cutting board.
- In a large bowl, mix the corn with diced veggies then toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hr before serving.
- calories: 89
- carbohydrates: 7g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- dietary fiber: 2g
- fat: 7g
- potassium: 199mg
- protein: 1g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 37mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?