Coconut Shrimp Stew
Enjoy this delicious stew full of veggies and shrimp and a hint of coconut. So tasty!
Interested in more low carb dinners? Check out these healthy and low carb dinner ideas!
Ingredients for coconut shrimp stew
- 1/2 lb jumbo shrimp
- 3 small bell peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 2 basil leaves chopped (garnish)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
Directions for coconut shrimp stew
- On a cutting board, dice bell peppers and onion, then slice jumbo shrimp after they have been defrosted.
- In a medium sized frying pan, fry bell peppers and onion, then add salt, minced garlic and red pepper.
- In a small saucepan, add coconut milk an peanut butter. Heat the mix and reduce the sauce to about half the amount.
- Fry chopped shrimp for 10 minutes until fully cooked, then mix with veggies.
- Pour the coconut peanut sauce over the veggies and shrimp.
- Top with chopped cilantro and basil.
- calories: 189
- carbohydrates: 21g
- cholesterol: 173mg
- dietary fiber: 9g
- fat: 5g
- potassium: 631mg
- protein: 33g
- saturated fat: 1g
- sodium: 491mg
- sugar: 10g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?