Baked Coconut Shrimp and Crispy Kale
Drift away to an island paradise from the comfort of your own home with these baked coconut shrimp. The cauliflower breading helps decrease the carbohydrate content while providing a fibrous and nutrient-rich boost to the dish. Then, simply pop shrimp in the oven to mimic the familiar and crisp texture traditionally obtained with a deep fryer.
In a matter of minutes, these tasty shrimp can get enjoyed as a lean protein source alongside your favorite sauteed vegetable, salad, grain bowl, and more.
Makes 2 servings
Serving Size: ¼ lb shrimp and 2 cups kale (½ of the recipe)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for baked coconut shrimp and crispy kale
- 15 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup cauliflower breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups chopped kale
- Pinch of salt
Directions for baked coconut shrimp and crispy kale
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a small plate, place the almond flour.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flakes, cauliflower breadcrumbs, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg.
- Lightly dip shrimp in the almond flour, followed by egg wash, then the coconut mixture.
- On an oiled baking sheet, distribute coated shrimp.
- Bake for 3 minutes. Then, flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- In a large, oiled pan on high heat, add kale. Season with salt. Cook until tender—approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 506
- carbohydrates: 34g
- fat: 27.5g
- fiber: 8.5g
- potassium: 1154mg
- protein: 31g
- sodium: 886mg
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How often do you or someone else examine your feet?