This recipe for coconut granola is great low glycemic index snack to enjoy after an evening workout. Having a low glycemic index snack before going to bed may help prevent late onset hypoglycemia* that more commonly occurs when exercise takes place later in the afternoon or evening.
*For those of you who are insulin dependent
Serving size: ½ cup
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup flaked coconut (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- 1 tsp. Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray
- Spread mixture evenly on baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes
Want to learn more about the health benefits of coconuts? Check out this article!
- calories: 233
- carbohydrates: 19g
- fat: 17g
- fiber: 4g
- protein: 5g
- sugars: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?