Cocoa Walnut Peanut Butter Balls
Last updated: April 2023
This sweet treat features walnuts and ground flaxseeds. Both ingredients are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which have received praise for their ability to improve blood lipids and reduce inflammation. Enjoy this dish with a cup of coffee or a glass of ice-cold almond milk.
Serving Size: 1 walnut ball
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for cocoa walnut peanut butter balls
- ½ cup walnuts, pieces
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 tsp flaxseed oil
- 1 tbsp milk
Directions for cocoa walnut peanut butter balls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roast walnuts on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use a stand mixer to combine ground flaxseed meal, crunchy peanut butter, dry cocoa powder, Truvia Baking Blend, flaxseed oil, and milk.
- Mix in roasted walnuts.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion mixture into 6 even walnut balls.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 146
- carbohydrates: 6g
- fat: 13g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 63mg
- protein: 4g
- sodium: 37mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you ever tried semaglutide treatment?