If you are craving a crunchy snack, try this recipe for coco-nutty balls. It is easy to prepare and requires just 5 ingredients. The mixture of protein and healthy fats in this snack will keep you feeling satisfied until dinner.
Did you know nuts may help level out blood sugar spikes when eaten with carb-rich foods? Learn more about the health benefits of nuts here!
Serving size: 1 coco-nutty ball
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp. roasted almonds, crushed
- 1 tbsp. vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Combine all ingredient in a small bowl
- Mix together with a fork until all ingredients are well combined
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion 5 small balls
- Place coco-nutty balls in freezer for 1 to 2 hours
- calories: 144
- carbohydrates: 6g
- fat: 12g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 5g
- sugars: 2g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?