Chopped Veggie Salad
This is my new favorite salad. It includes fresh veggies with a low-calorie, light-fat dressing. There's no lettuce in this recipe. Don't get me wrong; I love lettuce. Sometimes I just want something different.
You can choose to marinate the vegetables in the refrigerator before serving if desired. If marinating overnight, hold the tomatoes and add just before serving, as the tomatoes can get mushy. If you want to add even a bit more flavor, sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on this salad before enjoying it!
Makes 5 servings
Serving Size: 3.5 ounces
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for chopped veggie salad
- ⅓ cup of fresh broccoli florets, cut into small-medium pieces
- ⅓ medium cucumber, sliced and halved
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, cut to match the broccoli size
- 1 sweet green pepper, cut to match the broccoli size
- ¼ medium red onion, cut into pieces to match the broccoli size
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing (or your favorite low-calorie, low-fat dressing)
Directions for chopped veggie salad
- Wash all vegetables well before cutting.
- Cut as directed above.
- Place all vegetables together in a bowl, allowing a little extra space to toss.
- Add salad dressing and toss well.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 93
- carbohydrate: 16.4g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 2.5g
- fiber: 4.2g
- potassium: 778mg
- protein: 3.1g
- saturated fat: 0.3g
- sodium: 140mg
- sugar: 8.8g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you have a family history of diabetes?