Chocolate Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt
Warmer weather can have you craving a frosty treat! But when you are managing type 2 diabetes, it can be tricky to find a dessert that will still keep your health goals in check. This chocolate peanut butter frozen yogurt recipe involves some favorite ice cream sundae toppings but with a little twist to keep your sweet tooth content and your sugar intake from going over the top!
I used Two Good™ brand yogurt in this recipe to boost the protein content and lower the sugar content of the recipe. Feel free to use your favorite type of yogurt as a substitution.
Makes 1 serving
Serving Size: 6 ounces
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Freeze Time: 4 hours
Ingredients for chocolate peanut butter frozen yogurt
- 1 Two Good™ vanilla yogurt cup
- 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
Directions for chocolate peanut butter frozen yogurt
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, peanut butter, and chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and place in the freezer until frozen.
- For best results, remove from the freezer 30 minutes before eating to allow time to soften.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 226
- carbohydrate: 13.5g
- fat: 13.3g
- fiber: 1.9g
- potassium: 239mg
- protein: 16.4g
- sodium: 114.2mg
- sugar: 9.3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
When it comes to type 2 diabetes, I'm most worried about:
Join the conversation