This protein-packed salad is simple and easy to prepare. It features canned white meat chicken. It is great served as a lunch meal or as a light dinner. For a more complete meal add a side of fresh berries and a glass of low carb milk/almond milk.
Learn more about the importance of protein for your diet. Check out this article!
- 1 can (4.5 oz) white chunk chicken breast in water
- 2 tbsp hummus
- ¼ cup garbanzo beans
- 2 large tomato slices
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain water from chicken
- Put chicken in small bowl, break up with fork
- Mix in hummus until well combined with chicken
- Gently stir in garbanzo beans
- Top tomato slices with chicken mixture
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Top with salt and pepper to taste
- calories: 310
- carbohydrates: 20g
- fat: 13g
- fiber: 4g
- protein: 31g
- sugar: 0g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?