Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Forgo the pie crust to reduce the carbohydrate content, and make a soup version of this comforting dish instead! This chicken pot pie soup recipe makes two servings and can be doubled if you are cooking for a larger group. There are plenty of vegetables and seasonings that make this soup a hit.
Makes 2 servings
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for chicken pot pie soup
- ½ cauliflower
- ½ cup frozen veggies
- ½ chicken breast fillet
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. thyme
- Everyday seasoning to top
- Pepper and other spices to taste
Directions for chicken pot pie soup
- Chop cauliflower into florets.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Steam cauliflower until soft, around 10 minutes.
- In a blender, add vegetable broth and steamed cauliflower and blend until smooth.
- Transfer blended ingredients into a pot, then add spices and frozen vegetables, keeping the heat to a simmer.
- On a separate pan, fry chicken breast in olive oil until cooked and browned, then chop into bite sized pieces.
- Add the chicken to the soup, then stir to mix all of the ingredients.
- Pour soup into bowls and top with every day seasoning.
- calories: 125
- carbohydrate: 16g
- cholesterol: 23mg
- fat: 1g
- fiber: 6g
- potassium: 639mg
- protein: 16g
- sodium: 470mg
- sugar: 7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?