Chicken Brussels Sprout Salad
Last updated: June 2019
This is a delicious, protein-filled salad for you to enjoy for lunch or even dinner!
Interested in more low carb dinner ideas? Check out this article!
- 2 Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tomato diced
- 1/4 avocado diced
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce
- Lemon juice from half a lemon
- 1.5 pieces of chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- On a cutting board, chop romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces and put in a bowl.
- Dice tomato and avocado, then add to the bowl.
- Next, cut a brussel sprout in half, then place face down and slice into thin slivers.
- Before frying the chicken, cut into bite sized pieces. Once the chicken is cut, fry in a small frying pan for 8-10 minutes, cooking on both sides.
- In another small frying pan, fry brussels sprouts for 5 minutes in olive oil, then season with pepper and lemon juice.
- Add chicken and brussels sprouts to the bowl and serve.
- calories: 288
- carbohydrates: 12g
- cholesterol: 70mg
- dietary fiber: 7g
- fat: 14g
- monounsaturated fat: 7g
- potassium: 839mg
- protein: 29g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 205mg
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How often do you find yourself craving sweet snacks?