Chicken Brussels Sprout Salad
Last updated: June 2019
This is a delicious, protein-filled salad for you to enjoy for lunch or even dinner!
Interested in more low carb dinner ideas? Check out this article!
- 2 Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tomato diced
- 1/4 avocado diced
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce
- Lemon juice from half a lemon
- 1.5 pieces of chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- On a cutting board, chop romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces and put in a bowl.
- Dice tomato and avocado, then add to the bowl.
- Next, cut a brussel sprout in half, then place face down and slice into thin slivers.
- Before frying the chicken, cut into bite sized pieces. Once the chicken is cut, fry in a small frying pan for 8-10 minutes, cooking on both sides.
- In another small frying pan, fry brussels sprouts for 5 minutes in olive oil, then season with pepper and lemon juice.
- Add chicken and brussels sprouts to the bowl and serve.
- calories: 288
- carbohydrates: 12g
- cholesterol: 70mg
- dietary fiber: 7g
- fat: 14g
- monounsaturated fat: 7g
- potassium: 839mg
- protein: 29g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 205mg
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation