Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
A family favorite around here is stir-fry. Blame it on the umami flavor that soy sauce provides, but I’ll take it because no matter which vegetables I choose my children gobble them up! I also love how quick it is to make!
Makes 2 servings
Serving size: 3½ cups
Ingredients for chicken and broccoli stir-fry
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- ½ onion cut into slices
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
Directions for chicken and broccoli stir-fry
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, and broccoli.
- Stir frequently and cook until broccoli is slightly tender and onions are translucent.
- Add in chicken, soy sauce, and turn the heat down to low.
- Mix well and cook for 2-3 more minutes until chicken is warm.
- Serve immediately.
- Add your own grain such as brown rice or quinoa if desired.
- calories: 267
- carbohydrates: 17.65g
- fat: 9.85g
- fiber: 8.1g
- potassium: 828mg
- protein: 28.2g
- sodium: 244mg
- sugar: 4.25g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?