Chia Seed Cookies
If you are in need of something slightly sweet, please give these cookies a try. This recipe features chia seeds, which add a fun crunch, and carob chips, for a little sweetness. Enjoy!
Interested in learning more about carob chips and why they're a healthier alternative to regular chocolate chips? Check out this article!
Serving size: 1 cookie
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp Truvia Baking Blend
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- ¼ cup carob chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray
- Use hand mixer to combine all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl
- Use a mini cookie to portion 18 individual cookies
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes
- calories: 84
- carbohydrates: 7g
- fat: 6g
- fiber: 1g
- protein: 2g
- sugars: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?