Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms
This recipe features portobello mushrooms which have a meaty texture making them an excellent meat alternative. Pair this dish with your favorite salad for a complete meal or enjoy it as an appetizer.
Interested in adding more vegetarian meals to your diet? Check out these tips and ideas!
Serving size: ~1.5 cups
Ingredients for cheesy portobello mushrooms:
- 1 pint baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Directions for cheesy portobello mushrooms:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and remove stems from portobello mushrooms
- Coat mushrooms in olive oil in a medium-size bowl. Season with salt and pepper
- In a medium-size skillet, cook mushrooms for 5 to 7 minutes
- In a separate medium-size skillet, heat olive oil and riced cauliflower together for 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Remove cauliflower from stove stop. In a medium-size bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and riced cauliflower
- Stuff each mushroom with a heaping spoonful of riced cauliflower and cheese mixture
- Place stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes
- Drizzle stuffed mushrooms with balsamic vinegar
- calories: 158
- carbohydrates: 7g
- fat: 11g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 366mg
- protein: 49g
- sodium: 403mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Will you help others by taking our Type 2 Diabetes In America survey?