Cauliflower Mushroom Steaks
Last updated: March 2022
Cauliflower can be used in so many different ways. It's a great base for adding toppings such as cheese and mushrooms.
Makes 1 serving
Serving size: 2 steaks
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for cauliflower mushroom steaks
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 mushroom
- 2 slices cauliflower, 1/4 inch thickness
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
Directions for cauliflower mushroom steaks
- On a cutting board, slice mushrooms into thin slices.
- In a medium sized pan, fry mushrooms in olive oil on medium until they are browned.
- Cut a medium sized cauliflower in half, then cut two large pieces lengthwise 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Fry cauliflower in another frying pan in olive oil, then sprinkle with pepper.
- After 3 minutes, flip and add more pepper.
- Add parmesan to each steak, wait for it to melt, then top with mushrooms.
- calories: 106
- carbohydrate: 9g
- cholesterol: 4mg
- fat: 6g
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 583mg
- protein: 6g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 129mg
- sugar: 4g
Photograph by Christina Saschin. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
When it comes to type 2 diabetes, I'm most worried about:
Join the conversation