Creamy Faux-Cheesy Cauliflower Gnocchi
Last updated: March 2022
This vegan cauliflower gnocchi dish is a must-have! Don't get me wrong, I love dairy, but I try to mix it up with plant-based options for a phytonutrient boost.
This dish’s heavenly aroma and irresistible taste will fool your tastebuds into thinking it’s the real deal. Vegetable or legume-based pasta is a great way to add color to your plate while enjoying a fan-favorite food choice.
Keep the veg-vibes by mimicking some cheesy goodness with creamy nut milk, nutritional yeast, and plant-based mozzarella. This dish is abundant in fiber, which helps improve cardiovascular, digestive, and immune health. Not to mention, the fiber along with adequate healthy fat and protein helps stabilize blood sugar levels and keeps you satisfied between meals.
Makes 3 servings
Serving Size: ⅓ mixture
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for creamy faux-cheesy cauliflower gnocchi
- 2 ½ cups of cauliflower gnocchi (Trader Joe's has cauliflower gnocchi)
- 1 cup no-salt-added vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup cashew milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 cup plant-based shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup kale
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp truffle oil
- Salt to taste
Directions for creamy faux-cheesy cauliflower gnocchi
- In a small pot on medium heat, add vegetable stock and coconut flour. Stir till slightly thickened—approximately 2 minutes.
- Combine cashew milk, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the stock mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add plant-based mozzarella to the mixture. Once fully melted, reduce the heat to low and set aside.
- In a large pan on high heat, add kale and truffle oil. Cook until tender. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, cook cauliflower gnocchi according to package instructions. Strain pasta. Combine sauce and pasta with kale in the pan. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Serve and enjoy!
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 280
- carbohydrate: 34.5g
- fat: 10g
- fiber: 9.5g
- potassium: 515mg
- protein: 13g
- saturated fat: 1.5g
- sodium: 685mg
- sugar: 2.5g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you ever tried semaglutide treatment?