Cauliflower and White Bean Soup
Last updated: March 2021
If you are looking for a light dish for lunch or dinner, look no farther! Loaded with heart-healthy nutrients, this soup is sure to please and is vegetarian and vegan-friendly. You can even freeze the leftovers for another day!
Check out other lunch meal prep ideas!
Makes 8 servings
Serving size: 2 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2-4 hours
Ingredients for cauliflower and white bean soup
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 32 oz container of vegetable broth
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
Directions for cauliflower and white bean soup
- Place onion, pepper, and garlic in a dutch oven pot and sauté over medium-high heat until onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Turn down to low heat and cook for 2-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Soup is ready when cauliflower is tender.
- Serve hot.
- calories: 91
- carbohydrate: 18g
- fat: 0.75g
- fiber: 5.3g
- potassium: 368mg
- protein: 5.5g
- sodium: 413mg
- sugar: 4g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation