Caramelized Honey Walnuts
Last updated: March 2022
This caramelized honey walnut recipe creates a heavenly taste of smokey sweetness that will satisfy all your senses. While these nuts may taste indulgent, they are packed with endless nutritional benefits.
Research shows that people with diabetes may be at greater risk of cardiovascular-related diseases, but walnuts are here to help! This mighty nut is abundant in soluble fiber and omega-3s, which can improve cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels, blood pressure, and inflammation.1 Not to mention, its hearty fiber content can help stabilize blood glucose levels and provide sustained energy to power through even the busiest of days. Give your body a boost with this nutritional powerhouse! Enjoy them as a snack or topped on your favorite oatmeal, Greek yogurt parfait, or chopped salad. Go nuts for walnuts!
Makes: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 oz
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for caramelized honey walnuts
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tsp packed orange zest (from about one whole orange)
Directions for caramelized honey walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a small bowl, toss the walnuts, honey, and cinnamon. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the nuts on the baking sheet and spread evenly. Roast for approximately 7 minutes.
- Stir nuts. Roast for an additional 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Sprinkle orange zest over nut mixture. Toss to combine.
- calories: 201
- carbohydrate: 6.5g
- fat: 18g
- fiber: 2g
- potassium: 4mg
- protein: 4g
- saturated fat: 2g
- sodium: 1mg
- sugar: 3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Do you chew your food slowly or quickly?
Join the conversation