I know there are a lot of low-carb cauliflower recipes out there, but this recipe is one of my favorites! This buffalo cauliflower feels like a guilty pleasure but is actually high in fiber and antioxidants. This recipe can be an appetizer or side-dish and is a wonderful way to sneak more veggies into the meal.
Makes 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 34 minutes
Ingredients for buffalo cauliflower
- 1 whole head of cauliflower
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ⅝ cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup buffalo hot sauce
- 1 tbsp of Earth Balance buttery spread (or regular butter)
Directions for buffalo cauliflower
- Heat oven to 415 degrees. Pull out a baking sheet, and line with parchment paper.
- Wash head of cauliflower. Cut cauliflower into florets. Set florets aside in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, add almond flour, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and non-dairy milk. Stir the mixture.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl or cup, add the Earth Balance or butter. Melt in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. After butter is melted, mix in the buffalo hot sauce.
- Drizzle olive oil over cauliflower in the bowl. Toss in the bowl so the florets are well-coated.
- Dip cauliflower in batter and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake cauliflower for 12 minutes. Pull the cauliflower out and flip florets. Put back in the oven and bake for another 12 minutes.
- Pull the cauliflower out, and baste the cauliflower with the sauce. Put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Pull out the tray, and let it cool for 5 minutes. Serve with carrots, celery, and ranch (optional). If you love spice, you can also serve with additional buffalo sauce!
- calories: 155
- carbohydrate: 7.4g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 13.9g
- fiber: 3.4g
- potassium: 362mg
- protein: 3.3g
- saturated fat: 6.6g
- sodium: 78mg
- sugar: 3.3g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How stressed out do you feel today?