A simple little time saving breakfast that can be made the night before and stored in the fridge, ready to grab on your way out. Mix and match your favorite salad ingredients or just use whatever you have in the fridge or pantry and you won’t go hungry at breakfast time again!
Serving size 1
- 2 eggs
- 1 small tomato
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup baby spinach/lettuce leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Hard boil the eggs and allow to cool
- Add sliced tomato, avocado and spinach/lettuce and eggs to a container
- Then in a jar add the lemon juice and olive oil and give it a good shake
- Place everything in the fridge overnight
- In the morning drizzle the dressing over the salad and enjoy!
Interested in more quick and easy breakfast recipes? Check out this delicious egg kale breakfast burrito!
- calories: 402
- carbohydrates: 4.1g
- cholesterol: 458.7mg
- fat: 35.5g
- fiber: 5.5g
- potassium: 799.3mg
- protein: 14.6g
- saturated fat: 7.7g
- sodium: 139.6mg
- sugars: 3.6g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.net cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
How long have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes?