Last updated: June 2020
Ingredients for breakfast cookies
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 breakfast maple sausages, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for breakfast cookies
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- On a cutting board, dice onion and bell pepper, then add to a medium frying pan.
- Next, dice up the maple sausage and add to the pan.
- Cook on medium heat until cooked, about 7-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- Add in two raw eggs and mix well together. Next add the cooked veggies and sausage.
- Spoon out mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
- Let cool before removing the baked cookies.
- calories: 182
- carbohydrate: 3g
- cholesterol: 197mg
- fat: 15g
- fiber: 1g
- potassium: 113mg
- protein: 11g
- saturated fat: 5g
- sodium: 268mg
- sugar: 1g
Photograph by Christina Saschin. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Have you tried to decrease the amount of bread you eat since being diagnosed with diabetes?
Join the conversation