Ingredients for breakfast cookies
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 breakfast maple sausages, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for breakfast cookies
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- On a cutting board, dice onion and bell pepper, then add to a medium frying pan.
- Next, dice up the maple sausage and add to the pan.
- Cook on medium heat until cooked, about 7-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- Add in two raw eggs and mix well together. Next add the cooked veggies and sausage.
- Spoon out mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
- Let cool before removing the baked cookies.
- calories: 182
- carbohydrate: 3g
- cholesterol: 197mg
- fat: 15g
- fiber: 1g
- potassium: 113mg
- protein: 11g
- saturated fat: 5g
- sodium: 268mg
- sugar: 1g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Do you live with any sleep disorders (eg. insomnia, sleep apnea, RLS) in addition to your diabetes?