Blueberry Lunch Smoothie
I like my lunches to be light, delicious, and healthy - especially during the week. I’m working from home and need something that also gives me energy and a bit of sweetness. I had 7 pounds left of a 10-pound bag of frozen blueberries in my freezer staring me in the face. I love blueberries and don’t want to waste them. So, at least twice a week for the past month, I’ve been making the following blueberry smoothie for lunch - and I LOVE IT.
Ingredients for frozen blueberry smoothie
- 1/2 a cup of nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of raw baby spinach - washed and dried
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Half a cup of unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 1/2 a teaspoon of honey
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Juice squeezed from one lemon slice
Directions for frozen blueberry smoothie
- Blend all of the above in your blender.
- Pour in a glass, and enjoy!
- carbohydrate: 14.6g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fiber: 3g
- potassium: 476mg
- protein: 11.1g
- saturated fat: 0g
- sodium: 207mg
- sugar: 10.7g
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original.
Have you experienced any foot complications from diabetes?