Blonde Tahini Fudge
Have you ever tried "blonde" fudge before? This recipe eliminates the use of cocoa and sugar while making use of protein and iron-rich tahini. This rich snack or dessert can be made quickly and is a great way to get in some extra protein when you are craving something sweet. In this recipe, I used raw, salt-free tahini.
Makes 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 square
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes (chilling required)
Ingredients for blonde tahini fudge
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp granulated monk fruit sweetener
- ½ tbsp vanilla
- ¼ cup and 2 tbsp of sugar-free chocolate chips
- Optional: pinch of salt
Directions for blonde tahini fudge
- Melt coconut oil in a pot over the stove or in a bowl in the microwave until it is liquid.
- Mix coconut oil and monk fruit sweetener together in a small mixing bowl.
- Add tahini and mix well. Then, add in vanilla and ¼ cup of the chocolate chips. Mix.
- Line an 8x5 Tupperware (or something similar in size) with parchment paper. Pour the mixture evenly into the container.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, gently press 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips into the top of the fudge.
- If using salt, sprinkle about 2 small pinches on top.
- Place the brownies back into the freezer for at least 30 minutes before removing and serving.
Scroll down to see the nutrition facts for this recipe!
- calories: 294
- carbohydrate: 15g
- cholesterol: 0mg
- fat: 26g
- fiber: 3.5g
- potassium: 0mg
- protein: 6.7g
- saturated fat: 10.6g
- sodium: 110mg
- sugar: 0mg
Disclaimer: Type2Diabetes.com does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
Did you know that diabetes is a risk factor for developing chronic kidney disease?